The Victorian government has expanded the eligibility of it’s Business Support Fund grants. Whereas previously businesses had to have been subject to closure or highly impacted by Restricted Activity Directions issued by the Deputy Chief Health Officer to receive the grant, applications will soon be open to businesses in any industry provided they meet the following criteria;
– Employ staff
– Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000
– Have annual payroll of less than $650,000
– Hold an ABN and have held that ABN at March 16 2020
– Have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in Victoria on March 16 2020
– Are participating in the JobKeeper program
The application process is outlined on the Business Victoria’s website. The current guidance is that applications for the expanded program will open in the coming days.